Colton’s new map of the city of Brooklyn and environs 1868; [ca. 1858]
Covers Brooklyn south to 60th St., north to Green Point, and east to the Cemetery of the Evergreens. Also shows portions of Flatbush, New Utrecht, Flatlands, New Lots, Gravesend, southern Queens and Lower Manhattan. Shows wards, ferry lines, railroads, fire districts, and distances from City Hall (modernly known as Borough Hall). Oriented with north to the lower left. “Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1858 by H. Phelps in the Clerks Office of the District Court for the Southern district of New York.” Includes decorative border and key.
RelationFull catalog record
Size55 × 74 cm
DownloadLow Resolution Image
CreatorG.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.,