Map of the city of Brooklyn (as consolidated January 1st, 1855), incorporated as a village 1816, as a city 1834, popln. abt. 200,000 1856
Covers the city of Brooklyn north from 60th St. to Green Point and east to the Cemetery of the Evergreens. Also covers Governor’s Island, Ellis Island, Bedlow’s Island (modernly known as Liberty Island) and portions of southern Queens, Lower Manhattan, and Jersey City. Shows ferry lines and wards (outlined in red). Relief shown by hachures. Oriented with north to the upper right. Includes decorative border.
RelationFull catalog record
Size43 × 56 cm
DownloadLow Resolution Image